Department Of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology
The department of Forensic Medicine & Toxicology is two story building situated near administrative block of the college & hospital. It was established in the year 2004. Annual intake capacity of undergraduate students was 100, now it is increased up to 150 per year. Postgraduate course in this subject was started from 2010 and annual intake capacity of postgraduate student is 02. Mortuary block is situated just behind the department.
The details of the department is as follows:
|1.||Dr. Chandrakant R. Dode||MBBS,
|Professor & Head|
|2.||Dr. Mahadev E. Bansude||MBBS,
|3.||Dr. Radhey R. Khetre||MBBS,
|4.||Dr. Rahul B. Umbare||MBBS,
|5.||Dr. Indrajeet M. Lakade||MBBS,
|6.||Dr. Dharmaraj A. Dudde||MBBS,
|7.||Dr. Mahesh A. Giri||MBBS||Medical Officer|
|Sr. No.||Name||Qualification||Designation||Date of Joining this institute|
|1.||Dr. Mahesh M. Ardale||MBBS||Junior Resident – lll||27-05-2016|
|2.||Dr. Vishal R. Survase||MBBS||Junior Resident – l||02-5-2018|
|3.||Dr. Ranjit S. Rathod||MBBS||Junior Resident – l||14-5-2018|
Non teaching staff
|Sr. No.||Name||Designation||Date of Joining this institute|
|1.||Mr. R. B. Borgave||Lab. Assistant|
|2.||Mr. Shaikh Khwaja Ismael||Helper|
|3.||Mr. Shaikh Rashid Khwaja||Helper|
|4.||Mr. Shaikh Irshad Khwaja||Helper|
Academic Activity in Department
- Teaching and Training of Undergraduate, Intern & Postgraduate Student
- Undergraduate & Postgraduate Research Work
- Seminars, Presentations, Journal Club & Group Discussions
- Autopsy Demonstrations & Case Discussions
- Court room Visits
Medicolegal Services Provided By Department
- Medicolegal Post Mortem Examination & Reporting.
- Antemortem Medicolegal Cases Examination and Reporting
- Opinion in Referred antemortem and postmortem Medicolegal Cases
- Laboratory testing and reporting.
- Medicolegal Training of Medical Officers, Police Officers and Judiciary.