DEPARTMENT OF DENTISTRY
We have daily dental OPD from 8:30am to 1:00pm and there are around 50 OPD patients per day.
Oral Medicine and Radiology–
| Clinical examination, diagnosis and medicinal treatment of the patient
| Dental Radiological investigations-
| Dental Radiograph (IOPA)
| Radiovisiograph (RVG)
| Scaling and polishing
| Periodontal flap surgery
| Surgical excision of gingival overgrowth/epulis
| Complete Denture
| Removable Partial Denture
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery-
| Surgical extractions
| Minor oral surgical procedures like biopsy, alveoloplasty
| Management of emergency patients on casualty basis
Pedodontic and Preventive Dentistry-
| Glass ionomer Restoration
Oral Pathology and Microbiology-
| Management of premalignant lesions and conditions of oral cavity like submucous fibrosis, leukoplakia
| Oral health care of medically compromised patients and diagnosis and nonsurgical management of medically related disorders or conditions affecting the oral and maxillofacial region
Conservative Dentistry and Endodontics-
| Glass ionomer Restorations
| Composite Restorations
| Root Canal treatment
List of teachers in Dentistry department in GMC, Latur
|Sr. No.||Name of Teacher||Designation|
|1||Dr. Ritesh Wadhawani||Professor &HOD|
|2||Dr. Dipti Wadhawani||Assistant Professor|
List of technical staff in Dentistry department in GMC, Latur
|Sr. No.||Name of staff||Designation|
|1||Sanjivani Khadiwale||Dental Hygenist|
|2||Rajendra Karande||Dental Technian|
|Sr. No.||Name of Equipments||Quantity|
|1||Dental Chair Unit||4|
|2||Dental IOPA ( Dental X- Ray Machine)||1|
Oral Health Day Celebration
List of Publications
1. Actual proliferating index in oral squamous cell carcinoma and leukoplakia.
Journal of investigative and clinical dentistry 2011;2:1-8.
Abhay R. Chandak, Amol Ramchandra Gadbail, Minal S. Chaudhary, Shweta A. Chandak & Ritesh Wadhwani
2. A case of hypohidrotic ectodermal dysplasia in female, a rare X linked recessive disorder. Journal of Pearldent 2012;3:59-61.
Dr. Ritesh B. Wadhwani, Dr. Dipti Tharani.
3. Effect of scaling and root planning on detection of Tannerella forsythia in chronic periodontitis.
Journal of Oral Diseases 2013 article ID 383746, 6 pages
Ritesh B. Wadhwani, Minal S. Chaudhary, Dipti A. Tharani, and Shweta A. Chandak
4. Compound odontoma: a case report.
Journal of Interdisciplinary Dental Sciences 2015;4:79-81.
Dipti A Tharani, Ritesh B Wadhwani
5. Traumatic bone cyst: Is trauma always the cause or, symptoms always lacking?
International Journal of Clinical Case Reports 2015;5:1-4.
Dr. Agrawal Swapnil G., Dr. Nayyar Abhishek S, Dr. Panda Arun, Dr. Sabnis Rajesh, Dr. Wadhwani Ritesh
6. Mucoepidermoid carcinoma of minor salivary gland: a case report.
Journal of Interdisciplinary Dental Sciences 2015;4:76-78.
Shaikh Mohd Yunus, Dr. Prakash Gadodia, Dr. Kailas Gawai, Dr. Ritesh Wadhwani, Dr. Vinod Kumar Patil
7. Malignant melanoma: a case report with literature review.
Prakash Gadodia, Ritesh Wadhwani, Akshay Dhobley, Namrata Patil, Vinod Kumar Patil, Vinita Murgod
8. Verrucous carcinoma in Association with OSMF: A Rare case Report.
Austin J Dent. 2016; 3(3): 1039.
Yunus SM, Gadodia P, Wadhwani R, Nayyar AS, Patil N, Kumar V and Murgod V
9. Papillon Lefevre Syndrome : A Case Report and Review of Etiopathogenesis
NJIRM 2016; Vol. 7(6) November-December
Dipti A Tharani, Ritesh B Wadhwani
10. Clear Cell Variant of Extraosseous Calcifying Epithelial Odontogenic Tumor: Report of a Case and Review of Literature.
Journal of International Oral Health 2016; 8(10):973-977
Prakash Gadodia, Ritesh Wadhwani, Vinita Murgod, M P Vinodkumar, Arun Panda, Rajesh Sabnis, Dinraj Kulkarni
11. Estimation and Comparison of Serum Levels of Copper, Zink and Cu/Zn Ratio as Markers of Disease Activity in Oral Submucous Fibrosis (OSMF) and Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma (OSCC) Patients.
Clinical Cancer Investigation Journal Volume 6 Issue 1 January- February 2017
Shaikh Mohd Yunus, Prakash Gadodia, Ritesh wadhwani, Namrata N Patil, Vinod Kumar Patil, Vinita Murgod, Abhishek Singh Nayyar
12. Correlation between Histolologic Grading and p53 Protein Expression at Invasive Tumour Front in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma
Indian Journal of Dental Education Volume 10 Number 1, January- March 2017
Dipti A Tharani, Vinay K Hazarey
13. Histochemical Demonstration of Ghost Cells in Calcifying Odontogenic Cyst.
Indian Journal of Dental Education Volume 10 Number 2, April – June 2017
Dipti A Tharani, Ritesh B. Wadhwani
14. Evaluation of Latent Lip Prints on Different Porous and Nonporous Surfaces Using Natural and Lysochrome Dyes.
Indian Journal of Forensic Odontology Volume 10 Number 1, January – June 2017
Dipti A. Tharani, Ritesh B. Wadhwani
15. Prevalence of Systemic diseases among patients attending departments of dentistry at government medical college and hospital in Latur, INDIA
MedPulse – International Journal of Dentistry, ISSN: 2579-1125, Volume 4, Issue 1, October 2017 pp 01-04
Ritesh B Wadhwani, Dipti A Tharani